A lot happened in the travel and adventure world this week. Here are some hot items.
- Portland to Nova Scotia Ferry returns! The year I moved to Maine, I was excited to hear that it had a high speed ferry to Nova Scotia, so I planned to take a trip. Then the ferry shut down. Now it’s coming back, and my trip to our northern neighbors is that much closer.
- Public Rollout of Disney’s MyMagic+ Delayed…again. Disney’s all-encompassing skip-the-line-and-charge-everything program is being delayed again, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
- Pinterest introduces Place Pins for Travel pinners. Now travelers can pin the places they’ve been and manage places they want to go, all visualized on a map!
- American Tourist and Korean War Vet Detained at North Korean Airport. They just took him off the plane last month and no one’s heard from him since. Scary.
- Humongous DreamLifter cargo jet lands at tiiiiny airport. Oops.
- New Travel App Alerts You When It’s Cheap To Fly. This app will be really useful for those last minute trips. I’m not so sure how useful it will be well ahead of time, but if your trip is flexible, this could work out really nicely.
- L.L. Bean’s Northern Lights holiday light show is dazzling
- British Airways installs Interactive Billboards
- GoPro: Highest Road In The World travel video excites and Inspires